Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pen names

Like SF in the class, I'm concerned the quantity of my posting may get annoying, so please don't hesitate to let me know. I've grown a very thick hide over the years, so its very difficult to offend me.

Ann Garci, in explaining the root of her pen name, inspired me to ask you all how you arrive at, or determine if you need, a pen name? Are there rules to follow, suggestions on rythym or sylable count or anthing at all? My moron meter is peaking here, can you tell?

GU

2 comments:

jkc said...

Listen, post away!! That's why we started this and I don't think anyone sharing writing, ideas, rants, or whatever else someone wants to post will ever get annoying. My "pen name" is just my initials. And now I'm kicking myself because there are some really original ones in our group. Maybe I'll save my "true" pen name for my publishing, haha!

Sally said...

I suppose "Sally" is my pen name here as it isn't my real name. I just like to use it because it is easy to write, say and hear. Also when I was a little girl, Santa brought me a blonde haired, blue eyed doll named Sally, and I have always loved her. Don't know where she is now, but I think of her often and the fun we used to have.