Monday, August 11, 2008

Doodlings

So I'm a little frustrated and tried my hand at this:


The Weeds in My Garden

Why is it that the weeds grow better than your plants? Why is it that weeds don’t need water or fertilizer or any other tender loving care? They are always growing.

I went out into my garden tonight to see what I could do in a half hour span. To my dismay, I found my hanging baskets dead because no one has watered them. They were so pretty. Ever since Mark lost his job and was under employed, I went without my baskets for several years. Now that he has a better job, I look forward to resurrecting that part of my garden. Now here they are dead and I want to cry.

Everywhere I look, things need trimming, clearing, and mowing. All except the weeds! Those bundles of greenery have enough energy to overcome any gardener’s nightmare. They refuse to be pulled out by the roots and stubbornly remain in my front yard. I think I will have to leave them there and pull at them another day. By the way, can someone find me a watering can?

1 comment:

jkc said...

Yeah, weeds are the only thing I can grow :)

You've set up a nice metaphor here...the garden as a reflection of your life. I smiled in a couple of places and sighed along with you in others. Really nice.