Thursday, September 4, 2008

Heading to the Oregon Coast with my Pen and Paper

Hello All,
I will be leaving for the Oregon Coast (never been there) this Saturday for a week. I have planned to take a pad of paper and a pen just in case I come up with some great story ideas. Plus, I hurt my knee, so I will be taking it easy. The doctor said that I have a torn ACL (one of the tendons that holds your knee in place).
Bruised Bone ( which takes 3 months to heal and is painful)
Bruised Meniscus ( the cushion that in the joint of the knee)

He gave me a cortisone shot for the pain and inflammation (since I am going on vacation this Saturday to the Coast).
If still having problems in two weeks to call. And then if still having problems by Halloween, may need to have surgery to fix the torn ACL.

FUN FUN

So, I will miss you all while I am gone.....but hope to return with some good stories to write about.

Denise (NeiserDawn)

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Bless your heart. Ouch!!!!

Have a wonderful time. And what do you mean "if" you find something to write about? Honey write about everything!!!

Read ya when you get back!

And I pray no surgery required on your knee!

jkc said...

Please write about everything! I've never been there, either, and am anxious to hear your descriptions of it.

And to second AG, bless your heart and OUCH!

GeekUnderling said...

Remember, so I was told, that you pronounce it ORE'-a-gen, rather than ore-ee-GON' to keep the locals happy. I didn't get to test this as I ended up in Seattle that time rather than Oregon...but that's my pea-sized bit of wisdom.

Today we have one of the biggest craft fairs in the county starting, and it goes all weekend, so I'm leaving work early. The crafty people can get out of hand if you get in the way when they are setting up.

So have a good trip to the coast and everyone else have a good weekend.

Charlene said...

Your knee sounds so painful!

I have been to the Oregeon coast a couple of years ago. My daughter and I went. I'm not sure where you are headed, but we loved the Sea Lion Caves, and Tillamook. We got a laugh out of the mascot for the high school there, The Cheeseheads, poor kids, but the tour was fun and free.

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with you on the torn ACL. I tore mine when I was fourteen years old. I waited to have the surgery but wished I had done it sooner. Without the stability of the ACL you risk tearing the meniscus (aka cartilage). If you have any questions about the surgery or the rehabilitation time just ask.

I hope you have a great trip! Write about everything you see so you can share it with us when you get back!

Be careful on that knee! I always wore an ace bandage to give me support.

Take care and let us know how your trip was!! =0)